Sunday 22 February 2015

Quilting Delights ~ Log Cabin Cushion



Lately I’ve been feeling quite inspired to experiment with a little quilting… 

I just love the gorgeous fabrics that line the shelves of quilting shops and there are so many amazing designs to choose from…oh!  Where to start?!

I don’t have the time to devote to a whole quilt – although it is on my list of things to do this year – so I thought starting with a cushion would be perfect…

I have done lots of simple patchwork before so I decided to be a little more adventurous this time and make a log cabin square to turn into a pretty cushion…


I had such fun matching up the fabrics – these were just a few of the lovelies I had in my collection – and putting them all together to form a beautiful, interesting design!

I haven’t decided whether I will have this available for sale at the local craft market on Saturday or if I will keep it for myself…  
 Or maybe I will give it away as a gift for a dear friend…I will have to see:)

Do you enjoy quilting?  What is your favourite design?
With Love,
Kelly-Anne 

4 comments:

  1. I just love this beautiful pillow Kelly Anne. The fabrics you chose are beautiful. I caught up reading all your posts here as well and just love the tea towel and the tiny hearts on the white branch. Such a wonderful use for small scraps. You are so creative and such an inspiration to me. I used to spend a lot of time crafting and sewing and seeing all your beautiful creations makes me want to get back to it. Thank you for sharing your beautiful things.

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Vicky!
      You blessed my heart so much today with your sweet comment!
      I am just so touched to know that I've been able to inspire someone to enjoy some lovely crafting - it is wonderful to create something with your hands, isn't it...?
      Thank you for your kind visits - I always love having you stop by!
      Hugs and ever so much love to you!
      Kelly-Anne

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of quilting a pillow front! I don't have the patience for a full sized quilt - but I could do this!
    Your pillow is so very beautiful! Thanks for sharing your creative work with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so very much - you are really so kind, dear Shoregirl!
      Quilting a cushion cover is just right for me - it only took me about a morning to complete! I'm sure you will enjoy the process too - it is quite theraputic as well as enjoyable!
      Hope you're having a lovely day!
      Much love,
      Kelly-Anne

      Delete

What do you think? It is always a delight to hear from my readers, so feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with me! I will respond to your comment through email, so please ensure you are not a ''no-reply'' blogger if you would like me to do so...
Blessings,
Kelly-Anne